[Digikam-users] Run Digikam @ Sqlite or Mysql benefits/limitations?

DHL sawtm at verizon.net
Thu Jan 16 18:08:52 GMT 2014

I have installed Digikam 3.5.0 on Mac OS 10.9. I am experiencing
difficulty installing Mysql server due to the following message error:

'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysqld.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket:
'/opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysqld.sock' exists!

I have discovered that I can run Digikan with "Type" setting of Sqlite in
the database setting. Is the performance of Digikam diminished  or its
integrity compromised by running it with Sqlite?
Thanks for you consideration,
Dave