[Digikam-users] Digikam Version control

Carl McGrath cmcgrath5035 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 15 13:22:28 GMT 2014

Sorry, I see a typo in my original post.

At the moment, I have Digikam _3.5.0-4.1_ , which I got from the OSS
Repo, which means it was built for KDE4.11 desktop, the oS 13.1
"standard" KDE.
With this package, the only way to get to the resize dialog is the batch
queue manager, which works OK.
When did resize get removed as a sub-menu of Image and Tools in the Main
digikam window?
I could swear they were there two days ago.
I use it a lot; have been running a version of 3.5.0 since last October
(looked thru my Zypper log), first on oS 12.3 and, since early January,
oS 13.1

I actually run the 'upstream' KDE 4.12.0 desktop, from an Upstream
repository.
New digikam releases usually appear first in the upstream repository,
then in the current release OSS repo and then older release (e.g. oS 12.3)
The "dot release" numbering is different in each repository set, so for
example, 3.5.0-4.1 is most recent in OSS but
3.5.0-2.15 is most recent in the KDE 4.12 "upstream" repo.
There, numerous functions are just missing from the drop down menus, for
example no Aspect Ratio Resize in the Transform menu
and Local Contrast in the Enhancement menu when I run 3.5.0-2.15

I realize most of these functions are actually in kipi-plugins.
I do download the same version kipi-plugins as digikam.
Would build issues with kipi-plugins cause menu items to just "disappear" ?