[Digikam-users] Digikam Version control

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 15 08:58:16 GMT 2014

On Wednesday 15 January 2014 09:02:21 jdd wrote:
> Le 15/01/2014 02:14, Carl McGrath a écrit :
> > I run Digikam on openSUSE, currently oS13.1 and KDE 4.12.0
> > Digikam in the repositories is version 3.5.0.
> >
> > Today, for some reason, several "dot" releases were posted, 3.5.0-2.14,
> > 3.5.0-2.15 and 3.5.4-4.1
>
> do you have tumbleweed?
>
> I use openSUSE 13.1 and have only 3.5.0
>
> jdd

No, your actual package version will have a suffix like -2.1.4, which
indicates the package version (OPenSuse can add its own tweaks and patches
to programs they build, or have to adjust library versions and paths for
the OpenSuse version for which the package is build)

The basic code underneath is (or should be) still Digikam version 3.5.0,
and that will be shown in the 'about' dialog

Remco