[Digikam-users] Cant remove tags from image

Wolfgang Mader Wolfgang_Mader at brain-frog.de
Sat Jan 11 18:57:46 GMT 2014

Hi list,

I am using Digikam 3.5.0 on linux.

I have images from which I can not remove tags. The tags start with
_Digikam_root_tag and are visible if I right-click on the image and then
select "Remove Tag" from the context menu. If I remove them on this way, the
tag is gone, but only until I hit "Image"->"Re-read Metadata from Image", even
if I hit "Image"->"Write Metadata to Image" in between. This happens with the
mysql as well as with the sqlite back-end. Is it not possible to entirely
remove tags from images?

The reason why I am asking is, that I had a total mess with tags on Digikam
3.4, and want to start over now that the tagging should work in Digikam 3.5. I
do not want to end up with all my collection tagged anew, and get messed up
again, due to some leftover from the past.

Thank you for your time.
Best,
Wolfgang