[Digikam-users] Digikam 3.5 is crashing

Jim Dory james at dorydesign.com
Sat Jan 4 07:44:27 GMT 2014

Peter,

Just an FYI, the DK-3.5 is still crashing on me but the thumbnails are
tamed down a bit. I did try again to build DK-4.0.0-beta1 by renaming the
3.5 ebuild into my local overlay and pointing it at the tarball. I get
about 41% compiled before the first error. I googled it but found nothing.
For what its worth here's the errors:

/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/digikam-4.0.0_beta1/work/digikam-4.0.0-beta1/core/libs/widgets/metadata/xmpwidget.cpp:126:44:
error: no matching function for call to
'Digikam::DMetadata::getXmpTagsDataList()'
     setMetadataMap(data.getXmpTagsDataList());

<snip>

/usr/include/libkexiv2/kexiv2.h:810:25: note:   candidate expects 2
arguments, 0 provided
digikam/CMakeFiles/digikamcore.dir/build.make:5199: recipe for target
'digikam/CMakeFiles/digikamcore.dir/__/libs/widgets/metadata/xmpwidget.o'
failed
make[2]: ***
[digikam/CMakeFiles/digikamcore.dir/__/libs/widgets/metadata/xmpwidget.o]
Error 1
/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/digikam-4.0.0_beta1/work/digikam-4.0.0-beta1/core/libs/widgets/metadata/exifwidget.cpp:
In member function 'virtual bool Digikam::ExifWidget::decodeMetadata()':
/var/tmp/portage/media-gfx/digikam-4.0.0_beta1/work/digikam-4.0.0-beta1/core/libs/widgets/metadata/exifwidget.cpp:115:45:
error: no matching function for call to
'Digikam::DMetadata::getExifTagsDataList()'
     setMetadataMap(data.getExifTagsDataList());

Could be something in my ebuild I used from 3.5. Or I'm missing something.
  cheers, JD