[Digikam-users] Workflow with gimp

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Thu Jan 2 22:31:31 GMT 2014

Hi Nicholas,

On Torsdag den 2. januar 2014 23:11:40, Photonoxx wrote:

> Other advantage for Lightzone, it is avaible on both Linux/Windows/Mac,

Like digikam, darktable (well, linux/mac), gimp ;)

> > I personally like digikams editor very much, amongst many other reasons
> > for the nice previewing - I enabled mouseover before/after preview, so I
> > can >easily compare the current adjustment of any action with the
> > previous image.
>
> Yes, but it's a bit too abstract for me and take a lot of time to click
> preview each time and wait for processing. Lightzone, Darktable,
> Lightroom... offer a realtime preview, and it's easy in most of them to
> activate/unactivate the processing to see before/after.

I usually do not have to click. Some filters, particularly those that requires lots of CPU
cycles - and time - have a "try" button, but mostly the preview is calculated immediately.

> For example with Digikam, I never get the impression to master the local
> contrast tool. In lightzone I just have to "play" with a slider and see
> the result to dose the effect.

You can not compare the local contrast filter of digikam with that of darktable.

That said, in digkam too, play with settings and look at the preview - even tough it takes a
bit longer for some things.

--
Anders