[Digikam-users] Workflow with gimp

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Thu Jan 2 19:17:39 GMT 2014

Hi Nicholas,

On Torsdag den 2. januar 2014 19:55:19, Photonoxx wrote:
> I personally recommend to give a try to Lightzone too.
>
> Previously a commercial software, it is now Open Source/ Free Software
> since 2013. I found it very easier to use than Darktable which is a bit
> complicated for me, not very intuitive (in the same way, Digikam editor
> suffer of the same thing plus the lack of instant preview for many tool
> and local treatment possibilities).

Never heard about lightzone before, so I'll try and take a look :)

I personally like digikams editor very much, amongst many other reasons for the nice
previewing - I enabled mouseover before/after preview, so I can easily compare the
current adjustment of any action with the previous image.

I have used it for years of course, and that makes it very comfortable for me, whereas
gimp can make me cry, and darktable makes my shoulders quite stiff... ;)

--
Anders