[Digikam-users] thumbnails not working properly in digikam-4.0.0-beta2

Jim Dory james at dorydesign.com
Wed Jan 1 03:19:50 GMT 2014

Not sure I actually have beta2 but that is what it says in the "about
digikam" dialog. I used this command:
# git clone git://anongit.kde.org/digikam-software-compilation dk
plus the make and make install

to install into Gentoo. First time I fired it up the particular album I was
in still had wrong thumbnails - using a couple thumbnails on different
images - probably from 3.5. I did a "repair thumbnails" or whatever on the
album and it fixed them. Then after tagging some images, the thumbnails go
all awry again.

Apologies if this has been previously discussed, but I think prior
thumbnail discussions focused on 3.5. So perhaps I've installed wrong, or
whatever. If more info needed, happy to oblige.

happy new year!  /jd