[Digikam-users] digiKam 3.5.0 import/rename not working as expected

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 17:09:13 GMT 2014

> Hi Gilles,
>
> you suggest to use a beta release?
> No go! First it's not (yet) in Gentoo, second I don't trust digiKam
> betas because IHMO digiKam finals often have features not working as
> expected and I don't think betas will do better :-(
>
> Don't get me wrong:
> I really don't want to rant, I really loved the rock solid digiKam
> <2.0, but starting with digiKam 2.0 I've always had problems with this
> or that feature. For example renaming at imports didn't work for me
> since 3.2.0 (release 2013-05-15). With 4.0.0 coming in May this year
> this means a full year with a broken feature.

A lots of previous features are restored now.

Just take a look to current list of bugzilla files closed :

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?f1=cf_versionfixedin&o1=equals&query_format=advanced&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=NEEDSINFO&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&v1=4.0.0&product=digikam&product=digikamimageplugins&product=kipiplugins&product=showfoto&list_id=927158

Why we wait more time with 4.0.0 : because we want a good release...