[Digikam-users] digiKam 3.5.0 import/rename not working as expected

Andreas Mair amair.sob at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 09:52:10 GMT 2014

Hi,

recently digiKam 3.5.0 has been marked stable in Gentoo so I updated
from digiKam 3.2.0.
But after that importing photos didn't work any longer as expected.
All images are named "-1.jpg", "-2.jpg", "-3.jpg"... AVIs haven't been
imported at all.

Playing a little bit around I've some workarounds:
- Importing AVIs works if I disable the date base folder creating
option, but filenames are "-1.avi", "-2.avi"...
- Filenames are OK if I change the rename mask from
"[meta:Exif.Image.DateTimeOriginal:yyyy-MM-dd_HHmmss]" to
"[date:yyyy-MM-dd_HHmmss]"

Both is not what I want to change. I always want to use the date when
the photo has been taken. By using [date] I'm not sure if it's the
creation date or the last modification date. But I have the strong
feeling it's the later one, so I try to avoid using it.

While looking at the rename mask I saw that there must have been a
change from [meta:Exif.Image.DateTimeOriginal] to
[meta:Exif.Photo.DateTimeOriginal]. If that's true I'd expected
digiKam to automagically change my rename mask. But both ways the
modifier "yyyy-MM-dd_HHmmss" doesn't work. Bug? Or do I use it the
wrong way?

Best regards,
Andreas

=== My digiKam component informations ===
digiKam version 3.5.0
Exiv2 kann in JP2 speichern: Ja
Exiv2 kann in JPEG speichern: Ja
Exiv2 kann in PGF speichern: Ja
Exiv2 kann in PNG speichern: Ja
Exiv2 kann in TIFF speichern: Ja
Exiv2 unterstützt XMP-Metadaten: Ja
LibCImg: 130
LibEigen: 3.0.6
LibExiv2: 0.23
LibJPEG: 62
LibJasper: 1.900.1
LibKDE: 4.11.2
LibKExiv2: 2.3.1
LibKGeoMap: 2.0.0
LibKdcraw: 2.3.1
LibLCMS: 2050
LibLensFun: 0.2.7-0
LibPGF: 6.12.27 - Externe gemeinsame Bibliothek
LibPNG: 1.6.8
LibQt: 4.8.5
LibRaw: 0.15.4
LibTIFF: LIBTIFF, Version 4.0.3 Copyright (c) 1988-1996 Sam Leffler
Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Marble-Funktion: 0.16.2 (stable version)
Parallelisierte PGF-Codecs: Keine
Parallelisiertes Entfernen von Mosaikmustern: Ja
RawSpeed codec support: Keine
Datenbanktreiber: QSQLITE
KIPI-Module: 3.5.0
LibKface: 3.0.0