[Digikam-users] AVCHD from Sony NEX-5T in digiKam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 10:47:20 GMT 2014

Hi,

With digiKam 3.5.0, all is always ready to organize video as photo.

The missing section is to search video properties in DB, implemented in 4.0.0

In all case, you need Exiv2 version out last Christmas 2013 to handle
and set video metadata as with photo.

AVCHD video can be played in preview mode if right GStreamer plugin is
installed for KDE Phonon player, used by digiKam. There is no video
player/codec in digiKam. All is delegate to Phonon component.

In digiKam, there is no video editor too. Use right 3rd party
application to do it. Kdenlive is no too bad for this task.

Best

Gilles Caulier