[Digikam-users] Digikam 4.0 won't run on Linux Mint 17.1: vanishes after album scan

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 01:32:40 GMT 2014

Tom,

just to let you know. You need to change version numbers in those commands
if you try again. Digikam 4.6.0 are now on my PPA and 4.5.0 are not longer
there...

Also try if just doing a:

"sudo apt-get dist-upgrade"

helps sorting things out. You need to update your sources first so you have
Digikam 4.6.0 as your available packes.

/Philip

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 11:41 PM, Philip Johnsson <philip.johnsson at gmail.com
> [...]
>> had a priority of 700 which beat the 500 for the added PPAs.
>> I would up the priority of the PPAs then do a 'apt-get upgrade' as well
>> as installing kipi-plugins.
>>
>> Andrew
>>

>> On 18/12/14 22:08, Tom Rank wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Thanks again! Well, there's some progress: it seemed to install 4.5.0,
>>> so I could run the initial install process and run a scan. But then the
>>> program just vanished again.
>>>
>>> The installation report:
>>>
>>> Reading state information... Done
>>> The following extra packages will be installed:
>>>    libakonadi-contact4 libakonadi-kde4 libakonadiprotocolinternals1
>>> libastro1
>>>    libattica0.4 libbaloocore4 libbaloofiles4 libbalooxapian4 libdmtx0a
>>> libkabc4
>>>    libkcalcore4 libkdcraw-data libkdcraw23 libkdeui5 libkemoticons4
>>>    libkexiv2-11 libkexiv2-data libkface-data libkface3 libkfile4
>>>    libkgeomap-data libkgeomap2 libkhtml5 libkio5 libkipi-data libkipi11
>>>    libkjsapi4 libkldap4 libkmime4 libknotifyconfig4 libkparts4
>>> libkpimutils4
>>>    libkresources4 libktexteditor4 libmarblewidget19 libpgf6 libprison0
>>>    libqjson0 libqrencode3 libsolid4 libstreamanalyzer0 libstreams0
>>>    libthreadweaver4 marble-data
>>> Suggested packages:
>>>    digikam-doc akonadi-server hspell kdelibs5-plugins
>>> Recommended packages:
>>>    kipi-plugins ffmpegthumbs mplayerthumbs marble-plugins
>>> The following NEW packages will be installed
>>>    digikam digikam-data libakonadi-contact4 libakonadi-kde4
>>>    libakonadiprotocolinternals1 libastro1 libattica0.4 libbaloocore4
>>>    libbaloofiles4 libbalooxapian4 libdmtx0a libkabc4 libkcalcore4
>>>    libkdcraw-data libkdcraw23 libkdeui5 libkemoticons4 libkexiv2-11
>>>    libkexiv2-data libkface-data libkface3 libkfile4 libkgeomap-data
>>> libkgeomap2
>>>    libkhtml5 libkio5 libkipi-data libkipi11 libkjsapi4 libkldap4
>>> libkmime4
>>>    libknotifyconfig4 libkparts4 libkpimutils4 libkresources4
>>> libktexteditor4
>>>    libmarblewidget19 libpgf6 libprison0 libqjson0 libqrencode3 libsolid4
>>>    libstreamanalyzer0 libstreams0 libthreadweaver4 marble-data
>>> 0 to upgrade, 46 to newly install, 0 to remove and 11 not to upgrade.
>>>
>>> Here's the report when I run the command ~ $ digikam :
>>>
>>> digikam(7135)/kdeui (KIconLoader): Error: standard icon theme "oxygen"
>>> not found!
>>>
>>> Object::connect: No such signal
>>> org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
>>> Object::connect: No such signal
>>> org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
>>> digikam(7135)/kdeui (KIconLoader): Error: standard icon theme "oxygen"
>>> not found!
>>>
>>> digikam(7135): No ksycoca4 database available!
>>>
>>> digikam(7135)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers:
>>> KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "QImageIOPlugins"  not found
>>> digikam(7135) KPixmapSequence::Private::loadSequence: Invalid pixmap
>>> specified.
>>> digikam(7135) KPixmapSequence::Private::loadSequence: Invalid pixmap
>>> specified.
>>> digikam(7135) KPixmapSequence::Private::loadSequence: Invalid pixmap
>>> specified.
>>> digikam(7135) KPixmapSequence::Private::loadSequence: Invalid pixmap
>>> specified.
>>> digikam(7135) KPixmapSequence::Private::loadSequence: Invalid pixmap
>>> specified.
>>> digikam(7135)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*): KSystemTimeZones: ktimezoned