[Digikam-users] Digikam 4.0 won't run on Linux Mint 17.1: vanishes after album scan

Tom Rank tom at literaryconnections.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 21:36:56 GMT 2014

Ho Philip

Thanks your patience. Here's the result, which I don't find very
helpful. It seems to tell me that it would like to install Digikam but
can't:

sudo apt-get install digikam=4:4.5.0-trusty~ppa1kde414
[...]

or been moved out of Incoming.

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
  digikam : Depends: digikam-data (= 4:4.5.0-trusty~ppa1kde414) but
4:4.0.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu14.04~ppa2 is to be installed

So, I tried these commands:

sudo apt-get install -f

required:
   digikam-data libastro1 libattica0.4 libkdcraw-data libkdcraw23 libkdeui5
   libkexiv2-11 libkexiv2-data libkface-data libkface2 libkfile4
   libkgeomap-data libkgeomap1 libkhtml5 libkio5 libkipi-data libkipi11
   libkjsapi4 libknotifyconfig4 libkparts4 libktexteditor4 libmarblewidget19
   libpgf6 libsolid4 libstreamanalyzer0 libstreams0 libthreadweaver4
   marble-data
0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 11 not to upgrade.

sudo apt-get autoremove

Removed:
digikam-data libastro1 libattica0.4 libkdcraw-data libkdcraw23 libkdeui5
   libkexiv2-11 libkexiv2-data libkface-data libkface2 libkfile4
   libkgeomap-data libkgeomap1 libkhtml5 libkio5 libkipi-data libkipi11
   libkjsapi4 libknotifyconfig4 libkparts4 libktexteditor4 libmarblewidget19
   libpgf6 libsolid4 libstreamanalyzer0 libstreams0 libthreadweaver4
   marble-data

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get autoclean

sudo apt-get clean

sudo apt-get autoremove

... but I still get the same message after
sudo apt-get install digikam=4:4.5.0-trusty~ppa1kde414

Sorry, I'm stuck again!

Tom

Tom Rank | tom at literaryconnections.co.uk | 01457 850966
www.literaryconnections.co.uk | http://blog.literaryconnections.co.uk