[Digikam-users] digiKam 4.0.0 Flickr Uploader not working

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 14:41:42 GMT 2014

ah, yes, you use Macports... I use it too...

The best way is to use current implementation from KDE git/master
server, and not to install macport package as well, which is not
updated since a long time. I know that Macports team work on it (i'm
following macports bugzilla entries), but it's not yet ready.

I written a tutorial here :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam-software-compilation/repository/revisions/master/entry/README.MACOSX

It's a little bit Technic but not too hard to follow. Just use OSX
console to run command lines as well.

The libpgf is the most delicate stage (section 4).
If macport and Apple compiler is already installed (as expected, you
can forget stage 2/.
In Stage 3/ mostly dependencies are certainly installed on your
computer as you have already installed Macports digiKam package.

Note : i recommend to uninstall official digiKam 4.0.0 macports
package before to install current implementation from git/master.

The advantage to use current implementation from git/master is to use
last code published by developers. As 4.x series is in maintenance
mode now, only bug-fixes will be add to next 4.6.0, 4.7.0, etc... You
just need to use git command to update code locally, compile, and
install. That all. This can be resumed by few commads below :

# ./gits up
# cd bulid
# make
# sudo make install/fast

In all case, if you have some questions about, don't hesitate.