[Digikam-users] Can I preserve the original file date on modification?

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Wed Dec 10 19:07:26 GMT 2014

Hi ceperman,

there is an option in digikam to keep the file system
modification time when changing metadata (such as tags,
caption, star rating, ...). But I don't think there is such
an option for resizing, sharpen, ....

As a workaround, you could use the linux tool "jhead" to set
the modification time stamp after image editing back to the
EXIF timestamp of image creation:

   # jhead -ft mypic.jpg

Regards,
	Peter