[Digikam-users] Syncing Digikam collections and databases between different computers

snark2004-first at yahoo.com.au snark2004-first at yahoo.com.au
Wed Dec 3 10:40:49 GMT 2014

I have also had success with simply moving all my shots around, and having them found (on the same machine).

UUID (in this case) is used to identify *filesystem* not physical disk - I can see no real reason for it here. I like the suggestion of storing only the relative path - might make it more portable for those who move between machines.
Absolute paths might have similar issues to UUID, if to a somewhat less extent.