[Digikam-users] writing keywords in hierarchical way in IPT field

Georges Joseph JOULAUD georgesjoseph.joulaud at orange.fr
Mon Dec 1 12:38:25 GMT 2014

Hello,

first I would thank you for your answers.
I understand Digikam has a different behaviour than Pixvue and no
compatibility because of LigthRoom, isn't it ?
So, to memorize the keywords in hierarchical way, I need to use XMP
fields (Xmp.digiKam.TagsList or Xmp.lr.hierarchicalSubject), not IPTC
fields, isn't it?
So, I need to adapt myself if I want to follow with Digikam (because
Pixvue doesn't work in Windows7).

Another way would be to use XnViewMP (either Windows, either Linux) that
seems working fine.
Moreover, for IPTC/XMP fields, it allows (as Pixvue) batch process what
it seems not possible with Digikam : the trials I have done (using
Metadata editor = MetadataEdit plugin) need to process each file one by
one even if several picture files are selected and inside each file,
applying modifications are taken into account only on the active sheet
(either IPTC, either XMP).

But perhaps it would be better to open a new subject for that ?

Regards

Georges Joseph Joulaud

Georges Joseph Joulaud

La Morlais