[Digikam-users] What am I doing wrong?

guenter guenter.k at arcor.de
Sun Aug 31 13:27:04 BST 2014

Am 31.08.2014 12:44, schrieb guenter:
> Am 30.08.2014 12:09, schrieb Stuart T Rogers:
>> OK so I have uploaded two images to my website, a before IMGP3685 and an
>> after test3685 both jpegs. You can find them at
>>

> Hi Stuart,
> when you compare these images with IM (e.g. compare IMGP3685.jpg
> test3685.jpg  x: ) you'll see that a lot of pixels are affected by the
> watermarking (unchanged pixels are shown white, changeds red). Maybe
> these overall changes allow a better compression then?
> I would have expected that only the image region with the watermark
> would be affected. But this should know a digikam insider/programmer.
>
> I tried same watermarking in batch queue here (dk 2.4.0, KDE 4.13.2)
> with the same your result.

Add:
Adding the "Convert to JPEG"-tool as suggested in the mailing archive:

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2010-October/011373.html

and specifying there 100% quality creates a big result file but compare
shows nevertheless changes allover the image. Maybe these changes come
from the conversions jpeg -> internal format -> jpeg and the result is
acceptable for you?

HTH