[Digikam-users] How to stop "watermark" reducing the size of the pictures?

cerp cerp at eeos.biz
Thu Aug 28 08:43:04 BST 2014

Dear all,

We use the watermark function to add the copyright in the bottom right
corner of the pictures.

The pictures are taken using in camera jpeg generation, which normally
has very high quality.

When we watermark in digikam, it reduces the size of the jpeg file
from approximately 4Mb to 1.8Mb with a considerable loss of quality.
We have tried setting all the parameters we could think, but without
being able to stop this behavior. What I would like is the original
picture with the watermark saved at the same resolution without
additional compression  .... how do I achieve it?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Corrado & Rina