[Digikam-users] Help building on OS X

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 10:54:36 BST 2014

>> Why not having a dmg? Installing Digikam on Mac OSX is just a nightmare.
>> Such an excellent software (the best photo cataloging system) is
>> unavailable in practice for most Mac OSX users.
>> I'm finally using lightroom (which is definetly not as good!) just
>> because cannot afford investing so much time on installing every new
>> version of digikam. What an absurd situation.
>> Agus

Else digiKam compile fine under Macports. 4.2.0 run with enough
quality to be suitable. It do not run like under Linux. For ex, OSX
trash is not managed (as under Windows), it's a KDElibs bug. Camera
Import cannot be started automatically yet. I also see dysfunction in
BQM. It will become better in the future.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/digikam/14581614670/

To compile current code from git/Master (next 4.3.0), this can be
automated following instructions here :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam-software-compilation/repository/revisions/master/entry/README.MACOSX

I also write 3 scripts here :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam-software-compilation/repository/revisions/master/show/project/macosx

macports-install.sh : install macports and all digiKam dependencies.
After that, you can checkout digiKam code and compile/install it as
well
macports-uninstall.sh : remove all macports installation.
macports-update.sh : update macports packages installed.