[Digikam-users] Question on moving pictures

Jake Vickers jake at v2gnu.com
Sun Aug 17 05:03:04 BST 2014

On 08/16/2014 01:37 PM, Jake Vickers wrote:
> Hello everyone - new Digikam user here. I've been using AftershotPro,
> and have decided to try out Digikam for photo catalog management. I
> have ~20K images, and am thinking of moving some of the older images
> to an autofs mounted NFS/sshfs mount.
> Is there an easy way to move pictures from the local filesystem to the
> autofs mount, and not cause me too much grief in Digikam? Has anyone
> attempted something such as this before?

To follow up on my own thread -
I created a sshfs mount using autofs (this provides the feature of
mounting a remote directory via SSH and only when it's accessed,
otherwise it is not mounted, all automatically via autofs).
Moving folders of images is as easy as dragging and dropping to the new
location. 60G of pictures moved already, and another 100G to go!