[Digikam-users] Canon EOS 6D

Darryl Penny dpenny at contrast.photography
Thu Apr 24 12:22:31 BST 2014

Hey Bob,

> Just to check that we have the same problem, what environment are you
> using?  I am using the latest  Kubuntu but have had the same problem
> with Linux Mint 15

My last failed attempt was with Xubuntu 13.10. Sorry, but no error
log/screenshot for the following reason:

I very recently installed Linux Mint 16 (based on 13.10) and Digikam
with the intention of moving from Lightroom to Digikam. I love the idea
of FOSS and get a kick out of accomplishing the same or similar tasks
with non-proprietary software. I am an amateur photographer and therefor
do not have the same concerns as the professionals in the industry. But
I digress ...

I have yet to plug my 7D into Mint 16 with the latest Digikam from the
official repositories.

Darryl