[Digikam-users] Lossless rotation is lossy!

Bast! bast at abwesend.de
Sun Apr 13 22:56:20 BST 2014

Hi Gilles

The current functions are NOT lossless! They have small but measurable
difference. In Gimp I put the original and the rotated version in two
layers on top of each other, chose difference as layer option and
adjusted the color values until i saw the difference.

When compared to the really lossless rotation of irfanview I can say
that both batch rotation and the rotating buttons of Digkam do in fact a
_lossy_ rotation.

What am I doing wrong?

Bast!