[Digikam-users] digiKam Software Collection 4.0.0 beta 4 is out...

maderios maderios at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 18:47:23 BST 2014

On 03/30/2014 10:42 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>> On 03/30/2014 03:59 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear all digiKam fans and users!
>>>
>>> The digiKam development team is happy to release the fourth beta of
>>> digiKam
>>> Software Collection 4.0.0. For more details, see announcement on
>>> digikam.org:
>>>
>>> http://www.digikam.org/node/712
>>>
>>> This version still under development. Do not use yet in production.
>>>
>> Great... !    Is the "new tool dedicated to organize whole tag hierarchies"
>> compatible with older tags (exif and xmp) created with DK 2.6 or/and DK 3.5
>> ? Other important point: does it work with external mysql db ?
>> Regards
>>

> Hi,
>
> Yes, Tags Manager is fully non-dependent of the way to store Tags. It
> work in high level, low level still unchanged.

Hi
Thanks for your answer.
I asked this question because I try to update from DK 2.6 to DK 3.5 and
I got troubles to recover all tags. I backup DK 2.6/debian stable  mysql
db with mysqldump then I restore DK 3.5/debian testing mysql db. Some
image folders are empty, some other folders are filled with wrong
thumbnails. I hope it works better with DK 4...
--
Maderios