[Digikam-users] thumbnail generation

Carl McGrath cmcgrath5035 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 28 15:28:34 BST 2013

Martin - just a thought or perhaps a suggestion.
I run digikam 3.4.0 on openSUSE 12.3 with KDE 4.11.1.

I have noticed that on occasion the digikam links into KDE get all
confused if an update (to KDE components) is run while digikam is open
or , for some, if I don't restart KDE. I typically logout my user and
log back in to get a KDE restart.

This sounds like a config mismatch, perhaps in your ~/.kde4 folder.

The most frequent suggestion on the openSUSE forum for situations like
this - create a new user account (and get a "clean ~/.kde4) and try it
as that new user. Relatively simple and does not damage your user profile.
The brute force approach is to rename your  ~/.kde4 as ~/.kde4_old and
restart KDE which will get you a new ~/.kde4.
That of course wipes a lot of customization you may have on your desktop

Good Luck