[Digikam-users] Color correction

Benjamin Girault benjamin.girault at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 14:43:47 BST 2013

2013/9/11 Wolfgang Mader <Wolfgang_Mader at brain-frog.de>:
> On Wednesday 11 September 2013 15:00:45 Gilles Caulier wrote:

>> > I am on Arch Linux and had to install the package kolor-manager
>> > separately.
>> > Then you get a new icon on the top level of system settings called "Color
>> > Management" and a new box to tick in the "Desktop Effects" -> Advanced ->
>> > Box(Enable Color Correction (Experimental)).
>> >
>> > They use the oyranos framework
>> >
>> > http://www.oyranos.org/kolormanager/
>>
>> Sound like an extra package from your distro not a standard one
>> distributed by KDE. Here (Mageia3), it do not exist...
>
> Thanks anyway for yout time. Let's wait if or until this feature enters KDE
> officially.

If you are using oyranos framework, then my intial answer is wrong,
since this is different from colord. Oyranos has been available for
quite a while now (contrary to colord which is recent), and I doubt it
will be included in KDE SC. I have no idea also as to the interference
with digiKam color correction.

Colord for KDE is available on ArchLinux with the AUR package colord-kde.

--
Benjamin.