[Digikam-users] Questions on RAW conversion: Base curve

photonoxx at free.fr photonoxx at free.fr
Wed Sep 11 14:31:43 BST 2013

Personally I only shoot in RAW.

If I choose a picture, there's no case where I need quickly a basic Jpeg to share/publish.

I never never do mass treatment, and develop RAW don't take much time in the whole treatment process.

Anyway, my D200, I'm pretty sure, embed a full resolution jpeg in metadata of the RAW file, may not the best fine quality JPEG, but very reasonable quality.

When I'm traveling, I use my tablet to copy my RAW on a portable hard drive and if I want, I use PhotoMate (or RAW photo mate I don't remember yet) to view my RAW files.