[Digikam-users] Creating a collage

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 3 09:26:25 BST 2013

On Tuesday 03 September 2013 09:26:23 jdd wrote:
> Le 03/09/2013 08:43, Remco Viëtor a écrit :
>
> > Drag&Drop extra images on it, then you can move them around, rotate,
scale
> > etc.
>
> sure, but nothing works, I can just drag and drop *one* image, the
> second remove the first and I can't move them (I even tried with small
> images of 500 pix wide, same thing)
>
> V 3.2
>
> jdd

In version 3.3 (from OpenSuSE KDE 4.11 repository), I can select multiple
images and then start the layout tool, or drop extra images on the canvas.
I didn't try dropping them on the image list.

For moving, rotating or scaling, you'll have to select the proper tool in
the right-hand tab. To pull an image to foreground, move it to the top of
the image list (small arrows just above the list, or right mouse click).

The tool still feels rather rough, but it's much easier to use than GIMP or
imagemagick for the job it does. Most of the rough edges are probably from
a lack of documentation, but I hit one real bug: I added a border, and then
tried to add a second border => segfault and Digikam closed. (I'll report
it later as a bug, after a bit more testing, and seeing if I can get a
proper backtrace)