[Digikam-users] Greetings

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Sep 2 18:51:55 BST 2013

On Mandag den 2. september 2013 18:39:24, Neil Haughton wrote:
> As far as locating images is concerned, files and folders are a low level
> abstraction. DK offers a higher level abstraction so that where they are
> actually stored in your computer is no longer relevant. I believe you can
> though, if you wish, show the image in its folder using a file manager from
> within DK, but you have to rtfm first to discover that, or ask nicely in
> this mailing list.

An album is a folder, images are files. But digikam only lets you browse
configured root folders, known in digikam as collections. This is because
digikam keeps additional information about the images in its database. If you
dump images in folders used for digikam collections, digikam will notice at
startup, and update the database (unless you ask it not to, afaik).

--
Anders