[Digikam-users] Digikam 3.5.0 Minor issues (maybe)

Carl McGrath cmcgrath5035 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 25 22:24:50 BST 2013

I run Digikam 3.5.0 on openSUSE 12.3/KDE 4.11.2

We updated to 3.5.0. recently
So far I see two minotr issues that may/may not be bugs, as I am not
sure what is intended.
1. When I insert an  SD card into the system, I am offerd several
actions by Notifier including Download pictures to Digikam. Digikam
starts (if not already active) and an Import window opens, displaying
thumbnails of the folder.
I have previously configured this window to View-Item Sorting
Order-Descending (newest first).
The window opens sorted Ascending, not descending.
Selecting View-Item Sorting Order shows Descinding already selected, if
I click it the window resorts to Descending.
I assume there is a buglet here, the window not executing default
settings on startup?

2. I have set File Renaming Options on the Import window to custom, with
the following string:

[date:"yyyy-MM-ddThhtmmtss"]{unique}.
A typical imported file gets the following name
2013-10-25T21t17t46_1.JPG even though the _1 is not necessary as the
name is unique without it.
Is this a bug, or is this the intended implementation of {unique} ?