[Digikam-users] Time Date based rename

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Fri Oct 25 20:53:03 BST 2013

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes I see that as well, the exif data shows the
same time as the camera, the thing I don't understand is that DigiKam
renames the picture on import as one hour later than the exif date.
e.g. - from the info panel on the right

    File Properties
    PIC2013_1013_161516.JPG
    Date 13/10/2013 16:15:16

    Photograph Properties
    Created 13/10/2013 15:15:15

    exif Image Information
    Date and Time 2013:10:13 15:15:15

    exif Photgraph Information
    Date and Time (original) 2013:10:13 15:15:15
    Date and Time (digitized) 2013:10:13 15:15:15

If I take this same picture and run
exiftool "-FileName<DateTimeOriginal" -d "PIC%Y_%m%d_%H%M%S.%%e" .
it renames it as PIC2013_1013_151515.JPG just as I expected.

Why does DigiKam move it by an hour?????

Our clocks go back to GMT at the weekend, I will be interested to see if
that changes anything.

Regards
Mick