[Digikam-users] custom filter for files

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Fri Oct 25 19:43:32 BST 2013

Hello,

On 24.10.2013 12:09, Jean-François Rabasse wrote:
> Well, I think I see what Yuri means with « custom tool »,
> for I happen
> to have similar issues.
> Custom tool could be any user defined processor, accepting
> one or more
> images files on input, and producing ... something.

Another "dirty" solution, I use:
I write a shell/perl/... script doing the processing stuff,
I want. And then I register this script in KDE as
application for "MimeType=image/jpeg". This way, my custom
script appears in the "Open With" part of the context menu.

So I select the photos I want to be affected. Click right
and select "Open With -> myAction" from the context menu.

>From one of my earlioer postings:
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2013-July/017898.html

-------------------------- 8< --------------------------
So in the directory "~/.local/share/applications" I added a
file "myAction.desktop".

  --------------------- 8< ---------------------
> [Desktop Entry]
> Name=myAction
> GenericName=Cool photo tool
> Comment=some comment to set
> Icon=resizeimages
> Exec=/usr/bin/konsole --noclose -e perl /usr/local/bin/myAction.pl %F
> Type=Application
> MimeType=image/jpeg
> Terminal=false

Maybe that helps.