[Digikam-users] custom filter for files

Jean-François Rabasse jf at e-artefact.eu
Thu Oct 24 18:21:34 BST 2013

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013, Remco Viëtor wrote:

> What might work as well (not tested) is drag&drop from Digikam into Ark
> (compression utility). D&d works from Digikam to Hugin panorama stitcher

Yes, perfectly right. And Drag/Drop is not fundamentaly different from
Copy/Paste via the clipboard.
I am a Hugin user too.

The trick I mentionned was more focused on « custom tool », as Yuri said,
than on building an archive from a list of selected images. From what
I understood in Yuri's e-mail, building an archive was an example of
custom processing, not the definitive aim. But I may be wrong.
And custom tool could be, a priori, anything and should accomodate for
any user required processing.

That's why I really believe an elegant solution could be, in a future,
the possibility of hooking user's processors into the BQM.
Such a feature could enhance widely the batch processor that could work
upon a logic like :
- select your files
- select your tools in the supplied tools list
- add, if any, your own tools (requires a name + a script path)

With that, one can batch absolutely any processing.

Cheers,
Jean-François