[Digikam-users] Remove Keywords from IPTC

Wolfgang Mader Wolfgang_Mader at brain-frog.de
Sun Oct 20 18:08:51 BST 2013

Hi,

I have images which have be tagged using Digikam, but this was a couple of
years back. They carry the tags as a "Keyword" statement in the IPTC. If I
remove the tag from the image, it is not tagged any longer (does not show up
in the corresponding filter), but if I reread metadata from files, this tags
appear again, since they are read from tho IPTC part of the image. I can not
remove the keyword from IPTC, even if I use the menu Image->Metadata->Edit all
metadata. Is there a way using digikam to remove this or do I have to use
external software?

Thank you in advance.
Best,
Wolfgang