[Digikam-users] Partial black&white

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Tue Oct 8 06:20:44 BST 2013

On Monday 07 October 2013 10:50:18 Jeff Morton wrote:
> I really like the conversion to black & white that Digikam does, and the
> ability to do it all within a workflow on multiple images.
>
> But there are times when I want to take the transformation and leave a
> slight color tinge to the image.  In GIMP I'd do this by making an extra
> layer and giving one transparency over the other.  I can't find an
> equivalent way of doing this in Digikam.
>
> Do I need to save the two files and go into GIMP to do this, or am I
> missing something?

You can't do exactly the same thing in Digikam, as it doesn't have
layers...

But I can think of at least two ways to tint a B&W image from the B&W
converter (which are still in RGB mode!):
- use the channel mixer or
- use the colour balance dialog (which I prefer)
(and probably even the 'curves' dialog would work).

This way, you can get a more subtle toning than through the B&W converter
options.

Regards,

Remco