[Digikam-users] People tag keeps reappearing

Elle Stone ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com
Fri Nov 29 15:16:33 GMT 2013

On 11/29/2013 09:58 AM, maderios wrote:
> On 11/29/2013 02:06 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> No, it's an internal tags used to store people faces...
>>
>> Gilles Caulier
>>
>> 2013/11/29 Elle Stone <ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com>:
>>> I've deleted the "People" tag several times, but it keep reappearing. Is
>>> there a way to permanently delete it? I'm using digiKam 3.5 from Gentoo
>>> portage.
>>>
> Hi
> Maybe  these tags are inside pictures you downloaded from web.
> My experience: with digikam (2.6), I deleted these "people" tags without
> any problem.

Hi Maderios and Gilles,

The tag isn't from any image, it's really generated by digiKam. I don't
know what version it appeared in first.

It does seem possible to rename it and/or move it to other places on the
tag tree. But I wouldn't actually trust using it for other than its face
recognition purpose. I don't use face recognition when tagging images.
So I'll try moving it to a place on the tag tree where it's less
distracting.

Elle