[Digikam-users] How delete wrongs tags in Exifs ?

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 19:35:25 GMT 2013

dantou 9 píše v St 06. 11. 2013 v 23:15 +0100:

> I correct this but recently notice the wrongs worlds are always in
> Exifs, IPTC and XMP, coexisting with the new goods.

If I recall correctly this used to be (still is?) a bug in digiKam.

> Who can help me and tell how I can really delete the wrongs tags in
> Exifs, and not only in the tags viewer ( I manage it) ?

Before you do anything, backup the collection.

Your best bet would be to have a look at exiv2 or exiftool and learn how
to manipulate the metadata.

Then remove all those tags, which include the old (or even the new)
keywords or comments.

If you're using Linux, then some bash scripting would do the trick for
all of your images quite easily. Similarly, you can script in Windows
style "bat" files.

Finally, open the collection in digiKam again, choose all images and
"write metadata to images" again. (If you want that .)

regards,
milan

--
http://milan-knizek.net/
About linux and photography (Czech only)