[Digikam-users] Hardware Advice Please

Peter Mc Donough mcd-mail-lists at gmx.net
Sun Nov 3 20:46:24 GMT 2013

Am 03.11.2013 20:04, schrieb Mick Sulley:
> I am about to build a new desktop PC.  I think the most demanding task
> will be DigiKam and I would welcome advice on components.
> the quality of the graphics card will affect the performance when
> running DigiKam.  It will be running Debian.
> Any thoughts, experiences or advice would be most welcome.

Hi,
It might be a good idea to look for a graphics card with open GL and
open Cl capabilities under Linux right out of the box so that your
programs can profit from the power of the graphics processor. A good
indicator is whether the card will provide 3D without a proprietary driver.

Try google: debian open gl graphics card, there
http://mgltools.scripps.edu/documentation/how-to/hardware-opengl

cu
Peter