[Digikam-users] Tag issues

Gerhard Hoogterp gerhard at frappe.xs4all.nl
Fri May 24 20:22:38 BST 2013

> Both options use your current Digikam database, and if you (possibly)
> have a mismatch problem, due to versions changes, it may not work as
> expected.

Ok, as it seems there was still an old database which made my life miserable..
Following your instructions gave me a lot better list of keywords.

> « Rights : x-default » doesn't make sense.
> dc:rights is a language alternative element and x-default is a language
> specifier, not a content, so it should not display like that.
>
> I've already seen that with older versions of Digikam (1.3 et al.) that
> used a buggy version of libexiv2. When a language alternative property
> was set to an empty value, the libexiv2 extracted the language
> selector, "x-default", or "en", or "fr", instead of an empty string.
>
> Maybe your exemple image has been tagged in the past, with an older
> version of Digikam ?
> If so, you'll probably have to update your images credits for all your
> collection.

This I have to do anyhow, for some reason it also thought that I'm from
Aruba.. Regretfully it's the rainy and currently cold Netherlands so there's
more to fix there..

Thanks for your help.
 Gerhard