[Digikam-users] MySQL SSL encryption

kontakt at niklashagman.se kontakt at niklashagman.se
Sun May 19 09:02:37 BST 2013

I would like to connect to MySQL database with encryption from within
Digikam. There is a "database connection options" field that probably
is the solution if I can get help how to use it.

How can I make Digikam establish encrypted connection with a MySQL database?
Am using Digikam 3.1.0 and Kubuntu 13.04. Server is using MySQL 5.5.31.

Command prompt:
"mysql -h media.mydomain.com -u digikam -p --ssl-ca=/tmp/ca-cert.pem
--ssl-cert=/tmp/client-cert.pem --ssl-key=/tmp/client-key.pem" works.
Adding these options under [client] section in my.cnf also makes it
work without specifying ssl options on the command line.