[Digikam-users] how do you select images for slide show? A SOLUTION

Eildert Groeneveld eildert.groeneveld at onlinehome.de
Thu May 9 16:19:30 BST 2013

Dear All
along with the good suggestion in particular from Remco I have managed
to setup a system that allows efficient definition and storage of
"playlists" for slide shows for me. It is actually what Remco suggested:
define hierarchical tags (see below). What I was not aware of is that
the JPGs are not at all touched with the creation of new tags: instead
they are apparently only stored in the database. Which is just fine as I
do not want the upstream defined tags to get messed up. Perfect!

One little issue remains: for a slideshow I need to export the slide
selection  which normally includes a resize. Ideally, digikam would just
allow an export with the provision of being able to resize.
Closest to this is the EXPORT TO REMOTE COMPUTER und EXPORTs. here at
least you can specify any directory. But then I would need to used
gwenview or something else to resize.

Any idea how that can be handled efficiently? This should be job for the
batch queue manager, but I dont really know how.

Thanks again

Tred