[Digikam-users] Manually import versions

hajo hajo at hajo.net
Thu May 2 09:44:01 BST 2013

Tom Vincent wrote
> [...]
> I'd like to import the original image *and* any edits as a "version" in
> Digikam.
> [...]
> Can I retain the linkage between the original and edited version
> during import to Digikam? I've tried a naive approach of simply
> appending "_v1" to the edited version's filename, but Digikam treats
> the two files independently.
> [...]

That question never got an answer, apparently. Anyone out there who knows
how to do this? For me, I'd like to process RAWs with an external RAW editor
since it provides more flexibility than DigiKam's. Naturally, I'd like to
have the processed file a revision of the RAW. Yes, I could group them
instead, but wouldn't it make more sense to have it a revision instead?