[Digikam-users] When is next release?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Wed May 1 15:00:05 BST 2013

I don't know exactly what is killing you and I hope the killing process
is as slow that my mail still reaches you alive...

However I found that it is easier to perform such tasks separately from
the digikam-import.

Copy your files to a local folder on your HD (outside digikam album
tree) using command line or any file manager you like, rename them
there, and then import the already renamed files into digikam from this
local folder that you then can delete after complete import.

For example IMHO the renaming functions of mc (midnight commander) are
easy to use and extremely fast.

Enjoy 1st of may - and all the rest of your life!

Daniel

google+: https://plus.google.com/109534388657020287386