[Digikam-users] Tags not shown in thumbnail view

boogiedownde boogiedownde at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 27 10:36:16 GMT 2013

Hello all,

I have a problem with my metadata: In thumbnail view, digikam does not
show all my tags/keywords. For example, in one picture it only shows the
tag "Person", but not the sub-tag "Sabine", and not the location tag.
When searching for these tags, the pictures don't show up. Strangely,
only pictures which also have ratings do show the correct Tags in
thumbnails.
In the right side bar under "Metadata" however, all keywords are shown
correctly for the same picture, written to the IPTC. Therefore, I'm sure
the tags are there, they just don't seem to be in the database (which I
just re-scanned).

This behaviour only appeard after the last crash and re-installation
(version 3.0.0. for windows xp). I have roughly 20.000 pictures in my
collection.

Any advice is welcome.

Greetings and thanks,

Hank