[Digikam-users] Metadata

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Sat Jun 29 06:13:40 BST 2013

Hi Gilles,

I think Anders means that the program either allows you to do normal
digikam type stuff OR write metadata to files.

What he would like is the ability to write metadata to his files while
still being able to do other stuff (e.g. edit another image, browse
albums, etc).

Usually if you save the metadata for a single file it takes less than a
second but if you are tagging hundreds of files it could take longer.
Personally the longest wait I have had is ~5-10 seconds to save data to
~40 files. I suppose it is how you work and how many files you are
manipulating at one time.

On 29/06/13 14:13, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Freezing digiKam want mean a crash in internal process. It can be an
> Exiv2 shared lib crash.
>
> Do you have a GDB trace to investiguate ?
>
> Also which metadata setting you use ?
>
> Best
>
> Gilles Caulier
>
> 2013/6/28 Anders Lund <anders at alweb.dk>:
>> I really like having meta-data written to files, but I badly dislikes digikam
>> freezing. It must be possible to do these things async, without freezing the
>> entire application!
>>
>> --
>> Anders

Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides