[Digikam-users] How to keep digiKam from deleting image files

Elle Stone l.elle.stone at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 20:17:50 BST 2013

I selected a bunch of raw files, digiKam stopped responding, I tried
to stop the selection, and somehow must have hit the magic "delete"
key. Which by the way is where? I see references to "delete" and
"trash" in the digiKam options, but I don't see any "delete" button or
option.

Anyway, all of my image files are marked "read only", so why did
digiKam delete/trash these files in the first place? Is there a way to
keep digiKam from ever deleting/trashing any files, ever? (I don't use
digiKam for deleting image files).

Thanks for any advice. I have backups of the deleted files, but I
really would prefer to eliminate the possibility of another errant
accident at the keyboard prompting digiKam to delete my image files.
That really shouldn't happen to read-only files, should it?

Kind regards,
Elle Stone