[Digikam-users] Metadata not re-read?

Sebastian Niehaus niehaus at web.de
Tue Jun 18 21:05:59 BST 2013

Hi,

I use digikam 2.6.0 (KDE 4.8.4), Debian Wheezy.

My pictures directory on computer A  is exported by NFS and mounted by
another computer ("B"). B is running the same releas of digikam/Debian.

If I tag images on machine "A" tags are written into the exif-data of
the JPG images.

However, they do not show up un digikam on computer "B".

"Metadaten aus Bilder neu einlesen" ("Read metadata again from images")
does not work: Tags do not appear on computer B. I do not observe a lot
of network activity so I suspect, reading metadata does not work as I
expected.

Some days ago with digikam 1.2.0 on Debian Squeeze things worked as I
expected. Any hints what might be wrong?

Thanks for your input!

Sebastian