[Digikam-users] Image text

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Tue Jul 30 00:46:03 BST 2013

On 30/07/13 07:16, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Søndag den 28. juli 2013 13:08:29, Christoph Siedentop wrote:
>> Maybe you could tell us more what you are doing? A screenshot or two would
>> be nice.
>
> I do the following:
>
> 1. select one of my cool shots in RAW format
> 2. press F4, and accept the RAW converson
> 3. Enter a image caption in the relevant sidebar (the one with two big text
> fields, the second one)
> 4. wait a sec or so, and the text just written has dissapeared from the screen
> 5. save the image after doing some corrections. The caption is now available
> in the main digikam window, but not in the image editor.

Do step 3 & 4 before opening for editing. 3-4 and 2+4 are different
editing operations.

The best workflow is update you metadata, save, then convert/develop the
image. The metadata is then transferred to the new versions created.

Alternatively, after converting the image and saving it you can either
(a) update the metadata in the original file and click on "Apply to all
versions" or (b) select both files and update the metadata and click on
"Apply".

> http://owncloud.alweb.dk/public.php?service=files&t=b1028d3154f35b9ba0d0038d720998f9
>
>> On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM, Anders Lund <anders at alweb.dk> wrote:
>>> I'm frustrated, because I edit an image, and then type a text and then
>>> saves,
>>> and the text is now not with the edited image... :\
>>> --
>>> Anders

Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides