[Digikam-users] Digikam "offline mode"

Manuel mbs at mbsnet.de
Mon Jul 15 18:33:42 BST 2013

Martin's solution works well as far as you keep in mind, what meta data gets
stored in the pictures. Everything else is not being transferred, importing
your 'mobile' pictures into your nas later on (e.g. no faces, no album info,
...)  --> adjust your workflow

I personally keep one dummy picture with all tags applied for syncing that
part of the meta data between the two databases.

To make sure, my configs survive upgrades I don't modify the config, but rather
keep two copies generated by digikam and rename them.

Regards
Manuel