[Digikam-users] q: Beginners question on manual geo-location

Fabio fagopher at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jul 2 03:14:04 BST 2013

I just started to use digiKam so probably this is a dumb question. I am
using Windows 7 and digiKam

I know digiKam has a feature to manually add GPS location to a photo. I
select a group of photos .. or only one,  go to Image > Geolocation >
details tab > only latitud and Longitud fields are enabled but when I
click on those fields I cannot enter data in them. I can use the map and
I could not find a way to add the location from the map into the photo,
I tried right click on the location in the map but I could not find any
option to attach it to the photo...

I have not yet tried using gps correlator but does it actually work in
windows?

Thanks for your help!